Email us at kelleydonovandance(at)gmail.com
To find out about events, performances, classes and workshops go to:
To join our Yahoo Group e-mail list send an e-mail to:
We happily accept donations and other correspondence, send to:
PO Box 391655, Cambridge, Ma 02139
To submit your snail mail (US post office) address to our mailing list send to email@example.com
To find out about our next auditions
send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Auditions typically are held in February (Boston) and September (NYC) for the following Sept. through June performing season.
DANCE ACTION NETWORK
Boston Dance Action Network is a community network of choreographers, performers, teachers and others interested in the well being of Dance in Boston. Members can post performance announcements, teaching and performing opportunities and other items of interested to those involved in dance in the greater Boston area.
Dance Action Network
Dance Action Network was started in April of 2001 for the purpose of bringing the Boston area dance community together to share information. It is a community network of choreographers, performers, teachers, media and cultural leaders and others interested in Dance in Boston. Members can post performance announcements, teaching and performing opportunities, political actions and other items of interest to those involved in dance in the greater Boston area. To subscribe to the listserve send a blank email to: email@example.com. Boston Dance Alliance does not currently control or moderate DAN.
BOSTON DANCE AUDIENCE
This is an e-mail list for audience members and dance artists to post announcements for dance performances open to the general public, taking place in Boston, Greater Boston, or Massachusetts.
Part-Time Dance Administration Internship with Kelley Donovan and Dancers
Time: 15-20 hrs/week
Location: Boston, MA or New York, NY (need interns in either city)
Learn how to do:
– Fundraising: using online fundraising programs, responsible for handling donations
– Marketing: writing press releases, designing flyers/posters, updating social media, updating marketing materials
– Tour booking: contacting and booking potential presenters
– Helping with non-profit incorporation: working on paperwork and paperwork revisions
– House management and box office responsibilities at performances
– Event planning
The ideal candidate is:
– Organized, with an extreme attention to detail
– Proactive and self-motivated, can work independently and take the lead on projects
– Passionate about modern dance
– Has experience with Microsoft word, Excel, and Powerpoint
– Graphic design experience is a plus
Please send a cover letter and resume outlining your qualifications and interest in the internship to firstname.lastname@example.org.
BOSTON FLASH REVIEWS SITE ON FACEBOOK!
This is a new forum where folks who attend performances in Boston can write a short description of what they saw and felt about the show within 24 hours of seeing the performance. Most dance performances in Boston are not reviewed due to lack of media outlets and lack of space for dance. This is our opportunity to help one another with constructive critic in order to develop our performance and choreographic craft. Please post right away your “flash thought” on events you attend in Boston.